Thursday, September 1, 2011

Game of Thrones UPDATE 3

It's funny, the whole reason I wanted to even start thus book was because the HBO TV show looked good. I had known that it was based on a book series and that the series was supposed to be very good as were the books by author George R. R. Martin, but I had not really intended on reading the series. I normally don't read very often, but I saw that we had the entire Game of Thrones series in our home library so I decided that it would be a great book to start while I watched the TV series in parallel to see how they differ. Now, I have no desire to touch the TV series until I'm done with the book! Haha, it's weird how that works. Although the series is supposed to actually do good, as most book to TV series are normally not great, I still feel that with the amount of work that was put into this book, the TV series cannot possibly do it justice. Who knows though. Maybe I will watch it after all and find that I like it all the same. My suspicion is that I will like the TV series, but not as an adaptation form the book. I will probably just like it as a TV show alone and no more.

No comments:

Post a Comment